Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring In Venice!


Happy Easter Everyone!

Here are some marzipan lambs from a bakery window...



Along with some other inedible looking comestibles....


I am in Venice until Easter Sunday, when I trundle on home.

It's been a year since I was last here- It feels like home.

Here are some of the wares at the fish market- I bought really amazing tiny clams the other day.

The market is one of the things I miss most about here...




As ever, the whole place is totally under construction- or rather- reconstruction. There is scaffolding EVERYWHERE.

It's moved around a bit since last year, but the level of bustle remains the same.

Do most tourists just ignore the shrouds and structures? or are everyone's vacation photos loaded with this stuff?

This is a particularly horrible new trend- putting up big, vulgar ads over the shrouding.

Even St. Mark's Piazza and the grand canal are not spared....



As usual, I went around taking pictures of the dredging projects and machinery.
Some day I'll make a book of them...







Peace, or "Pace" to us all!

2 comments:

T' said...

Hey, Martha! Mike Luce here. Just found your blog via the email links in your signature file. I look forward to going through the posts and seeing what's what.

David said...

I love Venice...and markets in general in Italy/France. How is your Italian?

David