Monday, April 27, 2009

Yarn Theory exhibit at PS122 Gallery is open!


Yarn Theory is now up and open!
I am really pleased with how all of the work interacts together in the space, and was totally blown away by how many people showed up for the opening!
My stars...
This exhibit is NOT about hats, scarves socks or mittens, it is about exciting soft sculptural work, with an amazing variety of forms, colors textures, allusions and imagery. I hope this show gets some attention, because I really think the artists shown here deserve it.
Many are practicing mathematicians, which makes what they produce closer to Modeling structures rather than making sculpture, a distinction I am intrigued by.
I realize that I am hardly impartial, but I do think the show works well, and offers so intriguing surprises....

No comments: